top of page

TR 485

Graduate Work stream

Migration pathway and Study options for Nurses

Diploma of Nursing in Regional Victoria

Major news for international healthcare professionals! If you are currently living overseas, there is now a better reason to move to Victoria. From 1 April 2022, international and returning health workers are eligible for up to $13,000 to help fund your relocation to Victoria and join one of the many, highly regarded health services.

Why work in Victoria?

Victorian health care offers a rage of health care opportunities, included:

  • Getting more work-life balance and a change of scenery in a part-time role in one of our regional services

  • Challenge yourself in an entirely different setting by joining one of our rural and remote services

  • Be at the forefront of medical research and innovation in one of our Melbourne metropolitan services

Victorian patients are highly engaged in their care, and over 90% of adult patients rate their experience as good or very good. We have one of the highest life expectancies in the world, one of the lowest infant mortality rates, and are consistently rated amongst the top 10 health care systems globally. 

The Government know that the engagement and satisfaction of our workforce is critical to positive healthcare outcomes and investment in the wellbeing of our workforce post-COVID is a sector and Government priority.

How to apply?

Health services are responsible for the recruitment and on-boarding for all incoming employees. Here are several ways you can find relevant employment at a public health service in Victoria:

Once you have confirmed a role in a Victorian public health service, they will work with the team to support your entry into Victoria.

  • Discussions should occur as part of the recruitment process regarding eligibility.

  • The Allowance will be provided to new employees by their health service in accordance with existing health service payroll processes, whether those be monthly or fortnightly.

  • Health services are required to identify these payments within their systems. Some services may require workers or managers to complete documentation to claim for this Allowance.

Who is eligible?

This program is an opportunity for health professionals who:

  • are Australian citizens or residents, or international candidates who have secured a job with a Victorian health service

  • can access Australian registration for their profession

  • can obtain an appropriate visa and a COVID-19 border exemption, if required

  • are fully vaccinated for COVID-19

Who is not eligible for the International Travel Allowance?

The wider focus of the Allowance is on Victorian public health services to restore these services to full operational capacity following the impact of the COVID pandemic. 

The following workers/arrangements are not eligible for the Allowance:

  • Workers who are not direct employees of health services.

  • Health services’ casual bank staff.

  • Workers in administrative, office management, communication, clerical, research and other functions that are not patient-facing.

  • Workers that are employed through third party agencies or who are otherwise not directly employed.

Bachelor of Nursing - Melbourne (2).webp
Melbourne-Courses-2021-_IG_-_4_ (1).webp

Vaccination for COVID-19

You will need proof of vaccination for COVID-19. The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has provided advice on a range COVID-19 vaccines that are considered valid in Australia.

COVID-19 vaccines that are currently registered and available for use in Australia are:

  • Comirnaty (Pfizer) – registered for use in people aged 12 years or over

  • mRNA-1273, by Moderna

  • COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca – registered for use in people aged 18 years or over.

For further information regarding recognition of other vaccines please refer to the current ATAGI advice.

Visa and the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation (PMSO) List

If you are an Australian citizen who is returning home you do not require an additional visa.

If you are an international resident you will need to apply for a visa once you have secured employment with a Victorian public health service. In order to access travel support through this program, your occupation must be listed on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List.

Currently, this includes the following professions: 

For further information regarding who is eligible to enter Australia on the PMSOL please refer to the Commonwealth Department of Home Affairs information

  • Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)

  • Hospital Pharmacist (251511)*

  • Industrial Pharmacist (251512)*

  • Retail Pharmacist (251513)*

  • Orthotist or Prosthetist (251912)

  • General Practitioner (253111)

  • Resident Medical Officer (253112)

  • Psychiatrist (253411)

  • Medical Practitioners nec (253999)

  • Midwife (254111)

  • Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)

  • Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)

  • Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)

  • Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)

  • Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)

  • Registered Nurses nec (254499)

  • Social Worker (272511)

Nursing study pathway


  • RACC Education & Migration Services

  • 15 years of experience

  • We can help you with applying for all Visa and Courses

  • No service charge for student visa application*

  • 4.9 out of 5 customer satisfaction (Google Rating)

  • Our Team speak multiple languages

English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Indonesia, Malay, Bangla, Tagalog, Vietnamese, etc.​

​Book your Free Consultation with RACC Australia - Education and Migration Services

nursing pr.webp
bottom of page