With 6 new cases on the 2nd of June 2021, the Victorian Government has announced to extend the Circuit Breaker lockdown to at least 7 more days. Changed restrictions will be in place from 3rd June 2021 (11:59 PM).

Find the detail of the Changed restriction in effect from 11:59 pm on 3rd June 2021
(The Color-marked ones are the projected changes which will be in place from 3rd June (11:59 pm) compared to that of the existing one.)
For example, travel restriction will move to 10 km. from that of the exiting 5 km.

Authorized Workers during the Circuit breaker Lockdown

Any person who performs work that is essential for the continued operation of:

  • an Authorised Provider; or

  • authorized health services; or

  • funerary or mortuary services or related activities; or

  • marriage celebrant only if one or both of the two persons being married are at the end of life, or will be deported from Australia unless the marriage takes place; or

  • emergency services

  • essential infrastructure and essential services that are required to maintain or protect human health, safety, and wellbeing (whether provided by a public or private undertaking), and including construction, maintenance, and repair of such infrastructure; or

  • critical repairs to any premises where required for emergency or safety; or

  • faith leaders broadcasting services and ceremonies at places of worship; or

  • retail goods workers supporting the operation of click and collect or click and deliver orders; or

  • health practitioners, including medical, nursing, midwifery, and allied health students on placement, when undertaking critical training and examinations; or

  • allied health professionals working in private or public community services, whether clinic-based or home-based, providing essential clinical care where telehealth services are not clinically appropriate;

  • maternal and child health workers providing essential care to newborns or at-risk babies and children; or

  • a person who is critical to, and involved in, the State’s COVID-19 response (including in hotel quarantine and vaccination services); or

  • immunization and vaccination providers including pharmacy immunizers and Aboriginal Healthcare Workers

  • roadside assistance services; or

  • local government-specific services

  • a member of Parliament or anyone required to ensure the functioning of the Victorian or Commonwealth of Australia Parliaments; or

  • domestic and commercial waste and resource recovery services (including collection, treatment and disposal services and transfer stations),

  • services to support ongoing provision and regulation of electricity, gas, water, sewage and waste and recycling services and their maintenance; or

  • Commonwealth agency services, including Australian Border Force and Commonwealth law enforcement and intelligence agency services; or

  • services related to the administration of justice, including the operation of courts in Regional Victoria, and including prison transfers; or

  • essential legal services that are not able to be provided electronically, including urgent legal matters such as executing a will in-person; or

  • journalist and media services; or

  • feature film, television, and documentary (excluding television commercials, student and corporate productions) that is already in physical production and operating as a closed set and post-production relating to it; or

  • specialist services at telecommunications stores to support telecommunications as a critical service during the COVID-19 pandemic; or

  • professional or high-performance sportsperson, workers that support the safe running of that person’s professional sport, and public broadcast personnel necessary for broadcasting the professional sport; or

  • thoroughbred, harness, and greyhound racing, with necessary participants only; or

  • a factory or facility that is not able to be shut down without causing damage or loss to plant and equipment, but only those operations that are necessary in order to prevent that damage or loss; or

  • mining services including coal mining, oil and gas extraction, metal ore mining, non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying petroleum production; or

  • building and construction services; or

  • administrative services provided by an employer to enable its employees to work from home; or

    • Example: Payroll and IT services.

  • organizations that provide urgent services necessary for the health and safety of any person, animal, or premises; or

    • Example: the performance of emergency plumbing services, Centrelink services, and food banks.

  • public transport, including taxis, rideshare services, and other public passenger services; or

  • air transport (including the operation of airports); or

  • port operations; or

  • freight services (including postal and courier services); or

  • a transport, freight, or logistics driver; or

  • National Heavy Vehicle Regulator compliance activities; or

  • a blood bank or other bank services for the collection, storage, and provision of donated biological material; or

  • care services for people with particular needs because of homelessness, family violence, age, infirmity, disability, illness or a chronic health condition or other essential support services;

  • truck stops and roadhouses, but not the provision of seated dining or shower facilities to persons who are not transport, freight, or logistics drivers; or

  • production and distribution of;

    • disability and health equipment, mobility devices, including products for health patients; or

    • food and groceries for sale by a supermarket, butcher, fruit and vegetable store, market or fishmonger (including for sale by operators of such premises at an indoor or outdoor market); or

    • liquor for sale at a bottle shop; or

    • medical and pharmaceutical products; or

    • animal food and care products; or

  • commercial operations that supply goods or service necessary:

    • for the implementation of measures to limit the spread of COVID-19; or

    • to support any business activity that may be carried out in accordance with these directions; or

    • to support the export of goods and services from Victoria; or

      • Example: manufacturing of personal protective equipment or hand sanitizer.

  • the maintenance of other essential research activities for:

    • management and care of critical living resources, and the equipment and materials they depend upon (e.g. feeding, husbandry, hydrating, routine care and checks of animals, plants, microbes, and cell lines in a controlled environment); or

    • the storage and management of existing samples and data research infrastructure that is temperature and environmentally sensitive (e.g. biobank); or

    • long-term experiments or studies that otherwise would be prohibitive to restart (e.g. commenced clinical trials); or

    • research addressing the impact of COVID-19 and research in support of the hospital and broader health system; or

  • the conduct of essential adult education services

  • study for health care workers (including clinical placements); or

  • apprentices training with an Authorised Provider or Authorised Worker; or

  • clinical health and biomedical science (if required to be on-site for the maintenance of essential research activities); or

  • aged and disability care (including clinical placements); or

  • mandatory assessments for VCE and VCAL students; or

  • police Academy; or

  • defense and national security agencies;

  • primary industries only to the extent necessary to ensure animal rescue, adequate supply of food to, and care of, animals and maintenance of crops; or

  • a hotel, motel, or another accommodation facility to the extent that they provide accommodation services, including on a temporary basis for work purposes; or

  • services related to property settlement or commencement/end-of-lease (including removalists); or

  • Relevant forestry activity

  • other permitted activities (e.g. paper, packaging, caskets, and coffins); or

  • all manufacturing; or

  • ancillary and support businesses are able to open on-site where necessary for the operations of an Authorised Provider, or for Closed Work Premises where there are safety or environmental obligations.

  • union/peak body/employer organization officials attending a worksite as permitted by law or for Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) advice

  • Farm, animal, and bloodstock leasing activities,

  • a business or undertaking providing essential support services to permitted agriculture, forestry, and fishing activities, such as food safety and verification, inspection or associated laboratory services, and biosecurity functions.

  • Landscaping and gardening sole operators who have an ABN, undertaking outdoor work only where physical distancing can be maintained at all times. Permitted for up to five people.

    Find the full list and update here: https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/statement-acting-premier-2

For any Migration, Visa, or Education related services, book a Free Consultation with us.



RACC Education & Migration Services

  • 20 years of experience

  • We can help you with applying for all Visa and Courses

  • No service charge for student visa application*

  • 4.9 out of 5 customer satisfaction (Google Rating)

  • Our Team speaks multiple languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Indonesia, Malay, Bangla, Tagalog, Vietnamese, etc.

Follow for more updates and Migration News:

  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Instagram