top of page

Skilled Migration in Australia

Skilled Migration in Australia is generally divided into 2 main sections; which are Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) and State and Regional Sponsor Visa (Subclass 190 and Subclass 491). 
Learn more about Skilled Visas:

One thing you must take note is that to apply for Skilled Migration in Australia, you must have a valid Skills Assessment in your nominated occupation.


What is a positive Skills Assessment?
Your Skills (sometimes includes Degree + Work experience) must be accredited by an Australian Skills Assessing body and you must have a positive outcome before applying for Skilled Migration in Australia.

Following are example of few of the most popular Skills Assessment bodies in Australia:

  • AACA – Architects Accreditation Council of Australia, Inc

  • AASW – Australian Association of Social Workers

  • CPA - Chartered Public Accountants

  • TRA – Trades Recognition Australia

  • VETASSESS – Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services

For example, IT Graduates need a 1 Year Full time work experience or, a Professional Year Degree along with their Australian Bachelor/Master degree whereas eligible Australian Engineering Graduates do not require post study work experience in order to attain a skills assessment.

Skills Assessment from Offshore
Skills assessment for offshore qualification and offshore work experience sometimes needs additional documents. It is important that you know about these before applying to avoid chances of visa rejection. 
Lot of our clients are currently getting invitations from offshore as well as onshore to apply for Permanent Residency, with considerably less points. Now, is the best time to lodge your permanent residency application. 

Detailed PR Pathway Zoom Session (Consultation) 
Plan your PR the right way as timing is very important. It is better if you have an understanding of all your plausible options and then prepare for your PR journey. 
You can book a PR pathway Consultation with our Registered Migration Agent (MARN1572961)
Book a zoom session here:

(Note that the our limited time promotional ZOOM consultation fee with our Migration Agent (MARN1572961) is only AU$99+GST). This amount will be reimbursed to you once you do apply for Any visa or course through us.

PR Pathway consultation.jpg

Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)

Once you have a valid skills assessment in an eligible occupation, you can apply for Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) from anywhere in the world.

State and Regional Sponsor

Different States have their own occupation list, to be eligible to apply for Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189), your nominated occupation needs to be in the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). However, if the occupation is in the Short-Term list, you may still be eligible to apply through State and Regional Sponsorship.

  • Different occupations have different occupation list and have different eligibility criteria

  • Some states are more lenient for certain occupation than others. 

You need to consider your preferred state based on state demand and your Skilled Migration points. In the ''PR pathway" zoom consultation session, you will know about the best possible state and visa option for you. 

Some states do not require any work experience to apply for Visa whereas some states require. Some trades prefer more Trade occupations whereas others are now prioritizing Engineers and IT professionals.

bottom of page