Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) Announced
Acting Minister for Immigration Alan Tudge has announced a new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) of 17 occupations that will be able to enter Australia to assist in the country's COVID recovery. The occupations mostly are in Health care, Construction, and IT sectors.
The invitation round can also be affected positively by this announcement for these occupations. Similarly the NSW's interim subclass 190 allocation update also revolves around similar sectors: IT, Health care, and Construction.
The 17 occupations on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) were based on advice from the National Skills Commission and consultation with relevant Commonwealth agencies and will be reviewed regularly.
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are
• Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
• Construction Project Manager (133111)
• Mechanical Engineer (233512)
• General Practitioner (253111)
• Resident Medical Officer (253112)
• Psychiatrist (253411)
• Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
• Midwife (254111)
• Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
• Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
• Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
• Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
• Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
• Registered Nurses nec (254499)
• Developer Programmer (261312)
• Software Engineer (261313)
• Maintenance Planner (312911)
Visa holders who are sponsored by Australian Business for these occupations:
Visa holders, who have been sponsored by an Australia business in a PMSOL occupation can request an exemption from Australia’s travel restrictions, but will be subject to a strict 14 days quarantine on arrival at their own expense.”
Labour market testing will still be required to be able to sponsor applications in these occupations.
👉 For any Migration/Education, Visa related inquiry and service, book a FREE Online Consultation:
(Registered Migration Agent MARN1572961, MARN1172003)