Using Overseas License during  the COVID-19 lockdown


Under the new Victorian road safety laws, overseas driver license holders that are intending to stay for 6 months or more will need to convert their overseas to a Victorian license, regardless of their visa status.


Previously, temporary visa holders were allowed to drive on their overseas license until they had their permanent residency, and those with permanent visas had six months to get a local license.

Changes to Light Vehicle Testing:

Based on the latest medical advice, we are suspending light vehicle drive tests and all computer-based license testing as of Wednesday 25 March.  We are doing this to protect the health and well-being of our staff and customers in this unprecedented time. 


However, If you are an interstate or overseas license holder, you can continue to drive on your license. The period for compliance to convert to a Victorian license has been extended and we will provide more details to customers in due course.👇:


For any Visa, Migration or Study related query, book Your FREE Consultation with us:

Registered Migration Agents (MARN1572961, MARN1172003)