top of page

TR 485

Graduate Work stream

Community Worker - Migration pathway and Study options

A community worker is a person who is qualified and experienced in working with individuals, families, and communities to address barriers which prevent them from accessing basic human needs such as housing, health services, employment, education, and recreation.

Common Occupation Titles for Community workers

  • Case Worker

  • Parole Officer

  • Multicultural Support Worker

  • Intake and Assessments Officer

  • Community Corrections Worker

  • Community Development Officer etc.

Community worker skills assessment

Australian Community Worker Association (ACWA) is the accredited body to do skills assessment for ''Community Worker" profession. Not all Community Work related courses are accredited by ACWA. So, if you are considering to step in to this industry and looking for your study pathway, it is important that you choose the right course to get valid accreditation.

At RACC, our Education Team can help you choose the right course and we do not charge any service fee for student visa application if you apply for a course through us. 

Book a Free phone/face-to-face Consultation

Community Workers received invitation in Victoria and NSW in invitation rounds earlier this year.

  • Invitations were issued with only 55 points + 15 points = 70 points in Victoria to Community workers

  • Also, NSW issued invitations to Community workers under State Nomination Program.

You do not need to have a job or work as a Community Worker if you complete an accredited Community Service course. 

Change Current Course

If you are currently studying in a different field and, COVID-19 and any personal preference have impacted your decision and you choose to switch or change your field of study/course to Nursing, you may be eligible to do that.

At RACC Australia - Education and Migration Services,

  • We do not charge any service fees for onshore student visa applications.

  • No service fee for change of School

Book a Free Consultation:

Diploma of Community Work or Master of Social Work?

Diploma of Community Service


  • RACC Education & Migration Services

  • 15 years of experience

  • We can help you with applying for all Visa and Courses

  • No service charge for onshore student visa application*

  • 4.9 out of 5 customer satisfaction (Google Rating)

  • Our Team speak multiple languages

English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Indonesia, Malay, Bangla, Tagalog, Vietnamese, etc.​

​Book a Consultation with RACC Australia - Education and Migration Services

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.36.05 pm.png
bottom of page