top of page

Australia Visa Extension Options in 2023 

1. Visa extension options

As the commotion about Covid visa calming down, it is important to know your visa extension options. You may be aware of Covid Visa (subclass 408), which will be only an option for existing holders and also for limited time.

There might be so many visa options for you which you may not be aware of, such as training visa, employer sponsorship, skilled visa as well student visa student visa with short and in-demand courses starting from only $5,500 for a year.


Employer sponsorship visa allocation for 2023-24 financial year is more than the that of the sum of skilled independent migration points tested system. Check the latest visa allocation here:


  1. Visa extension options

  2. Free Migration Event

  3. Clarification about Covid visa abolition

  4. Student Visa update

If your current visa is expiring within the next 6 months, you can book a Free phone consultation with our Registered Migration Agent avia this link:

🟢 Student Visa (subclass 500)

To plan ahead you need to apply for a new Student visa 6 weeks before your existing Student visa expires. If you need more time to finish your existing course, would like to change your current course or, want to apply for another course after your current course finishes, you can book a Free Phone Consultation session with us via this link:

  • Short 1-year courses starting from $5,600 per year (Initial deposit $1,500)

  • In-demand Diploma courses with which you can have a skills assessment

  • In-demand Bachelor and Master courses (Up to 20% Scholarship)

  • 1 Year Graduate Diploma of Early Childhood Education

  • PR Pathway with 1 year Aged care course

​Learn more about these below:

🟢  Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485)

3264 courses has been listed, graduates of which holding 485 can now apply for 2 years of Temporary Graduate visa (TR 485) extension. Also, if you are enrolled for one of this enlisted courses, you can apply for an extended TR 485 with Bachelor courses being 4 years and Master courses being 5 years. You may still be eligible to apply for TR 485 extension or apply for replacement visa.

👉  Contact our Hotlines below or Book a FREE Phone/WhatsApp Consultation:


🟢  Working Holiday Visa Holders

Since the the abolition of Covid visa is already in effect, you may consider applying for 2nd or 3rd working holiday visa depending on whether you are eligible or not, or alternately you can consider applying for student visa. Read more about working holiday visa here

👉  Read more:

🟢 'No Further Stay' Condition

A ‘No Further Stay’ condition prohibits visa holders from applying for many temporary and permanent visas while they are in Australia. The conditions include 8503, 8534 and 8535.

Condition 8503

If one of these conditions has been attached to your visa, you cannot apply for another visa (except a protection visa or a temporary visa of a specified kind, while you are in Australia).

Condition 8503 is a mandatory condition on the following visas:

♦️  Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Sponsored Family stream)

♦️  Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Approved Destination stream)

♦️  Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Tourist stream) if sponsorship has been imposed on it

♦️  Training and Research visa (subclass 402) for the professional development stream only

♦️  Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) if you have previously held two subclasses 462 visas.

👉  If the visa is subject to condition 8503, you cannot apply for a further visa in Australia, other than a Protection visa (subclass 866).

Condition 8534

Condition 8534 is a discretionary condition on a Student visa (subclass 500) and applied to the student visa holder and the student’s family members. This will be decided by the case officer assessing your application.

👉  If your visa is subject to condition 8534, you cannot apply for a further visa in Australia other than:

✅  a Protection visa

✅  a Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)

✅  a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)*

Condition 8535

Condition 8535 is a mandatory condition of the Student visa (subclass 500) for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or Department of Defence sponsored students.

👉  If your visa is subject to condition 8535 then you cannot apply for a further visa in Australia, other than:

✅  a Protection visa

✅  a Student visa that is supported by the sponsoring government agency.

In the case of Major change, Immigration could be contacted who will then do a case by case analysis.

Examples of major changes that meet these criteria:

  • unable to travel due to a medical reason

  • death or serious illness within close family

  • natural disaster in the home country

  • war or civil unrest in the home country

  • your school cannot provide the course that you were approved for

👉  Read more here:

👉  Contact our Hotlines below or Book a FREE Online Consultation: 

2. Free Migration Event

All visa allocations along with state-wise allocation for 2023-24 are in place now. Registered Australian Migration Agent (MARN1572961) will be providing updates on:

  • Skilled Migration

  • Alternate to COVID visa

  • PR Pathway

  • Skills Assessment

  • Migration Updates 2023-24

  • State Sand Regional Nomination program

  • Employer Sponsor

  • Training Visa

Guest speaker: Registered Australian Migration Agent, Michael Moe (MARN1572961).

This event is open to all international students and visa holders. You must PRE-register to join the Event as seats are expected to be filled out soon.

Registration Link:

🗓️Date: 12 October 2023 (Thursday)

🕕Time: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Melbourne Time)

📍Location: University Of Melbourne - Room: TBC

This event is open to all. Register now to join:

3. Alternate to COVID visa

  • From February 2024, the Covid visa will be closed to all applicants. 

  • Currently (From 2nd September) onwards, the Pandemic Event visa will only be open to applications from existing Pandemic Event visa holders.

All other visa holders will be ineligible for the Pandemic Event visa. You may consider applying for a short 1 year course.
Read more:

4. Student Visa update

​​The Government will increase the amount of savings international students will need in order to get a student visa. This requirement has not been indexed since 2019 and needs to increase to reflect higher living expenses. From October 1 2023, international students will need to show evidence of $24,505 in savings, which is a 17% increase on current levels. So, if you are thinking to apply for a student visa, you can consider applying within the month of September.

You can book a Free Phone/WhatsApp (Call) consultation with us via this link:

RACC Australia is a registered Migration Agent and Education Agent. We do not charge any service fee for onshore 
student visa applications if you apply for the course with us.

bottom of page