How to extend your Stay/Visa

during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Travel Ban

How to extend your Visa/Stay during the COVID-19 Pandemic

🟢 Student Visa (subclass 500)

If you are in this situation:​

  • you cannot return to your home country and your visa is expiring

  • you need more time in Australia to complete your course.

You need to apply for a new Student visa six weeks before your existing Student visa expires.

There is no need to provide evidence of the impacts of COVID-19 with your Student visa application.

If your study in Australia is ending, you can apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600).

You need to do this before your student visa expires.

if you are particularly looking to know more about Student Visa extension, please check the below link:

 You may be eligible to apply for an extension for your current course or new Student Visa if you wish to apply for a new course.

👉  Contact our Hotlines below or Book a FREE Online Consultation:

🟢  Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485)

If you already on this visa, you cannot get an extension to prolong this visa and you cannot overstay.

If you are currently overseas and you completed your course end of last year, you have until September this year to apply for this visa.

👉  Contact our Hotlines below or Book a FREE Online Consultation:

🟢 Tourist Visa and Visitor Visa Holders

If You hold a Tourist Visa which is expiring and due to the Travel Ban you are not allowed to travel back to your country, you will have to apply for a new Visa before your current visa expiry date.

Please note that you cannot overstay your current visa and breach the visa conditions, it is essential to lodge a new visa application before the current one expires.

👉  Contact our Hotlines below or Book a FREE Online Consultation:


🟢  Working Holiday Visa Holders

Working Holiday Visa holders are not allowed to apply for a Tourist Visa while they are in Australia, but since the COVID-19 Coronavirus is considered as an exceptional case, you are now allowed to apply for a Tourist Visa onshore, however, please note that you will not be able to work under Tourist Visa.

👉 

🟢 Medical Check, English Test, Police Check cannot be completed

Due to the Government’s Travel Ban and shutdown measurement effective from 25th March 2020, the non-essential businesses are closed including entities like English Test Centre and Biometric test centres, the applicants are advised to stay calm and wait until further notice.

Immigration will take the lapse of time as a consideration. It is advised by Bupa to its customers who have booked a Health test or Medical Check up to wait until further notice. You will not have to take any action regarding this, the associated entity will contact you regarding any updates.

👉  Contact our Hotlines below or Book a FREE Online Consultation:

🟢 'No Further Stay' Condition

A ‘No Further Stay’ condition prohibits visa holders from applying for many temporary and permanent visas while they are in Australia. The conditions include 8503, 8534 and 8535.

Condition 8503

If one of these conditions has been attached to your visa, you cannot apply for another visa (except a protection visa or a temporary visa of a specified kind, while you are in Australia).

Condition 8503 is a mandatory condition on the following visas:

♦️  Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Sponsored Family stream)

♦️  Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Approved Destination stream)

♦️  Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Tourist stream) if sponsorship has been imposed on it

♦️  Training and Research visa (subclass 402) for the professional development stream only

♦️  Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) if you have previously held two subclasses 462 visas.

👉  If the visa is subject to condition 8503, you cannot apply for a further visa in Australia, other than a Protection visa (subclass 866).

Condition 8534

Condition 8534 is a discretionary condition on a Student visa (subclass 500) and applied to the student visa holder and the student’s family members. This will be decided by the case officer assessing your application.

👉  If your visa is subject to condition 8534, you cannot apply for a further visa in Australia other than:

✅  a Protection visa

✅  a Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)

✅  a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)*

Condition 8535

Condition 8535 is a mandatory condition of the Student visa (subclass 500) for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or Department of Defence sponsored students.

👉  If your visa is subject to condition 8535 then you cannot apply for a further visa in Australia, other than:

✅  a Protection visa

✅  a Student visa that is supported by the sponsoring government agency.

In the case of Major change, Immigration could be contacted who will then do a case by case analysis.

Examples of major changes that meet these criteria:

  • unable to travel due to a medical reason

  • death or serious illness within close family

  • natural disaster in the home country

  • war or civil unrest in the home country

  • your school cannot provide the course that you were approved for

👉  Read more here:

👉  Contact our Hotlines below or Book a FREE Online Consultation: 


343 Little Collins Street 

Melbourne VIC 3000

Level 7, Suite 715 - 716


Office Hours : 9 am - 6 pm Mon - Fri.

Closed on public holidays

0405 455 972

0474 723 320

0403 534 902


© 2021 RACC Australia; Migration Agent Registration Number (MARN) 1572961 & 1172003