top of page

Migration and Study pathway for the most in-demand Occupations in Australia

You can apply for Graduate Visa only once, so it is important that you make an informative decision before applying for Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485). If you are contemplating between applying for Graduate Visa TR 485 or applying for a course, you can book a FREE Phone consultation with us
Book Free Phone consultation for Course related inquiry:

Book Free Phone consultation for Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485):

Contemplating between Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) or Master?
If you are graduating from your Bachelor's Degree soon and contemplating to choose between going for Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) or, a Post-Graduate (Master) course, this article might help you to decide your next step.​

You can book a Phone FREE Consultation regarding this with our Team via this link:

​Simple as it may sound, it is not only a choice between two. Your choice also may open up new pathway and opportunities depending on where you would like to study or spend your Temporary Graduate Visa.

Melbourne Courses 2022 (IG) (1).jpg
Covid Visa

For example,

  • You can get additional 10 points if you spend 2 years in Canberra during your TR 485.

  • You can get additional 20 points if you study and work in Canberra for 2 years.

  • You can get 3 years of Temporary Graduate Visa if you have graduated from Master course.

  • You can get up to 4 years of Temporary Graduate Visa if you have graduated from a regional area (apart from Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland - all states are considered regional area.

If you are already working in Australia/already have or soon will have a positive skills assessment, you may also consider applying for COVID visa (subclass 408). 

  • Stay in Australia for up to 12 months

  • No Visa application Fee.

Read more:

Skills Assessment
Please, note that, you do need to get a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation before you are eligible to apply.
If for example, you are a bachelor graduate and your occupation is assessed by VETASSESS, you at least need 1 year of work experience in your nominated occupation. Only after attaining a positive skills assessment, you may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency.

Similarly for IT occupations, you either need to have a 1 year of work experience or, a Professional Year Program to be able to apply for Permanent Residency.

It becomes more challenging, if your occupation is in the STSOL (Short Term Occupation List), which means the occupation needs to be listed in specific states and you need to meet the requirement of that state for Permanent Residency application. If you are qualified of only 2 years of Temporary Graduate Visa, it may often be challenging to have enough time to apply for permanent residency and receiving an invitation while holding TR 485. Eventually, a big number of students end u going for another Visa while waiting or hoping for their PR invitation. 

But, by making and evaluating these choices beforehand, you can make the right decision and choose your next Visa, may it be TR 485 or student visa.

Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) promotion

  • Up to 3 Years of Temporary Gradate Visa (TR 485) for Master graduates

  • Up to 5 years of Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) for studying in regional area.

We have an Early Bird Promo $100 Off from our regular Service Fee. Now only $490+GST
RACC Team can help you apply directly from overseas and also from onshore.
Book your FREE Consultation directly with our Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) team via this link:

Read more about Temporary Graduate Visa (TR 485) here:

Master Course or, 1 Year Graduate Diploma
There are a lot of Master course study options starting from Graphics Design, Human Resource, Management, MBA to the most in-demand courses like Cyber Security, Social  Work, Teaching, Medical Science etc.

Find out few of the most in-demand Master course study options here:

Popular Graduate Stream across different States
State and Regional migration has become a popular option over the last few years as applying through subclass 189 has become slightly challenging in the recent years. Each  Tasmania South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, NSW has Graduates stream.

  • Additional PR points if you study in Canberra

  • Tasmania Regional sponsor with an eligible 1 year course

  • Work requirement exemption if you qualify as a South Australian graduate through High Performing South Australian Graduate

  • In Western Australia, There is an invitation round every month for Higher Education Graduate Stream)

  • Apply for PR through Western Australian Graduate stream after completing a 2 Year course.

  • Queensland has flexible PR criteria for it's graduates

  • NSW has different streams for it's graduates. NSW criteria now is very relaxed now for Trade and Teaching occupations.

Find out few of the most popular Graduate stream options:

Book Free Phone Consultation
RACC Australia is a Registered Migration Agent (MARN1572961) and and Education Agent.

To discuss about course options all across Australia, book a Free Consultation with our Team via this link:

bottom of page