top of page

TR 485

Graduate Work stream

In Demand Courses in the Health sector

If you are opting for a Nursing career, it is pivotal that you understand the difference between Enrolled Nurse and Registered Nurse. 

Enrolled nurse

An enrolled nurse is a professional who has completed, at minimum, their diploma qualification. Upon finishing your course of 'Diploma of Nursing', you will be eligible to practice as an ''Enrolled Nurse". 

An enrolled nurse, generally works as part of a team, and generally administrates and monitors medicines and intravenous therapy, whereas Registered Nurses personally create and oversee the management plans of a patient. A Diploma in Nursing qualifies you to be an enrolled Nurse, whereas to become a Registered Nurse you need Bachelor or higher level qualification in Nursing.

  • There are Nursing study pathways across Australia, you can decide to study across Australia. 

  • If you study in a regional area of Australia, you can avail of the benefits of studying in a Regional Area and ADD Extra points to your Migration Visa Application.

  • Metropolitan cities like Perth, Adelaide, and Gold Coast are considered as regional Areas.

  • Places liked Geelong, Bendigo, and Ballarat (Just 1-hour drive from Melbourne CBD) is also considered as Regional area.

There are different pathways for nursing. There are various pathways you may follow to become an Australian Registered Nurse. Along with Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse also is in high demand across multiple states.

You can become an enrolled Nurse just by completing a Diploma course. There are study options all across Australia. You may consider a Bachelor/Master course if you aim to become an Australian Registered Nurse.
Understand the difference between an Enrolled Nurse and a Registered Nurse:

Diploma of Nursing (4).jpg
Nursing study pathway

Apart from Nursing, Occupational Therapy and Medical Laboratory Scientists have been receiving invitations consistently in the past couple of years. You'd have to ensure that you enrol for the right accredited course to be able to apply for Migration skills assessment after course completion.

Master of Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapists have been receiving PR invitations consistently under subclass 189, 190 and 491. You can become a qualified Occupational therapist upon completing an accredited course. 

Occupational Therapist received invitations with only 65 points in the recent invitation round.

Read more:

Master of Occupational Therapy

Duration: 2 years
Tuition Fee: $20,600/Semester
Initial Deposit: $20,600

Medical Laboratory Scientist

  • Medical Laboratory Scientists were among the few occupations which received PR invitations in January 2022 for subclass 189. 

  • "Medical Laboratory Scientist" was the occupation with 2nd highest number of PR invitation (with 261 invitations) for subclass 189 in 2020-21 FY (only after Nursing)

Read more:

Master of Laboratory Medicine

Duration: 2 Years

Tuition Fee: starting from $20,160* / semester

Initial Deposit: $20,160*

There are multiple options to study, but you need to make sure you enrol for an accredited course. Book a Free Phone Consultation with us to guide you through the process.

Book Free Consultation

Master of Laboratory Medicine
Bachelor of Nutrition Science

Food Technologist

You may also consider studying Bachelor of Nutrition Science which can lead you to become a Food Technologist. To attain a positive skills assessment as a Food Technologist, you need to have a bachelor degree or higher qualification along with a 1 year work experience post qualification. "Food Technologist" has been recently added to the WA (Western Australia Occupation list and there has been consistent PR invitations across different states. 
Read more:

Bachelor of Nutrition Science

  • Duration: 3 years

  • Fee: $18,200 per semester

  • Up to 50% Scholarship available and tuition fee can become only $9,100 per semester

  • Temporary Graduate Visa upon course completion

Change Current Course

RACC is not only a Registered Migration Agent (MARN1572961), but also an education Agent with 15+ years of experience. If you are considering to change your course, you can book a Free Consultation via this link:


Apart from health sectors there are also in-demand occupations, If you are currently studying in a different field and, COVID-19 and any personal preference have impacted your decision and you choose to switch or change your field of study/course, you may consider some in-demand occupations below.

If you are already working in Australia and would like to continue to do so without applying for a student visa, you can apply for a COVID visa (subclass 408) which can let you stay and work in Australia for up to 12 months.


  • RACC Education & Migration Services

  • 15 years of experience

  • We can help you with applying for all Visa and Courses

  • No service charge for student visa application*

  • 4.9 out of 5 customer satisfaction (Google Rating)

  • Our Team speak multiple languages

English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Indonesia, Malay, Bangla, Tagalog, Vietnamese, etc.​

​Book your Free Consultation with RACC Australia - Education and Migration Services

nursing pr.webp
bottom of page